1/3/14

A Whole New Year

In the over-all scheme of  things, the beginning of a new year isn't all that big of a deal. It's something fun to celebrate, and it's an excuse to stay up all night drinking sparkling cider. However, it has been officially one year since I started this blog!! Happy birthday, I guess.

Actually I'm a little late, but no biggie.

I realize that updates weren't consistent in any form of the word, but I actually kept up with it, which I am honestly surprised by. I love having this as a place to rant or vent or obsess if I need the outlet, and I truly appreciate it if you've taken the time over the past year to drop by and read what I have to say. I know that there are a million things we could be doing with our time at any minute, so if you've decided that this blog was work your time, I owe you a thousand thanks.

Now on to brighter things in the new year! I'm not a huge resolution person because, as far as I'm aware, this blog has been the only resolution I've ever made that I successfully stood by. Therefore, I've decided that there is something wrong with New Year's resolutions. How are people even supposed to remember these things? Why do they need the encouragement of a change on the calender to decide that now is the right time to start improving themselves? I guess I'm a hypocrite though, because I love making new year's resolutions. The idea that a new year can bring a new slate is a wonderful one; the idea of second chances and a fresh start. I just hate that they always end up being things to try and make myself better. Yeah, I can promise myself that I'm actually going to keep my school work neat, organized, and color coded, but that has no bearing on the fact that my backpack is inevitably a disaster zone by the second month of school. So this year my resolutions are just goals that I have, have had for a while now, and aren't going to try and alter any cornerstones of my being.

NEW YEAR'S/ALL YEAR'S RESOLUTIONS

  • get an actual, real-life job and save the money
  • get driver's license
  • practice rollerskating on pavement
  • run away with my best friend to new York for a weekend (parental permission highly recommended)
  • dye my hair again
  • learn how to skateboard
  • take advantage of Netflix access to watch every movie ever made

And there you have it! Morgan's list of goals to hopefully accomplish in the new year.

Thanks for listening to me guys, and a happy new year to you all. I'll see you soon.

1 comment:

  1. Just wanted to say....best resolutions I have read yet....and one that didn't include losing weight. Pleasant blog...brought me into a state of euphoria.

    ReplyDelete

Comments, opinions, suggestions, and discussion are always welcome! Feel free to join in, and I'll try to respond to as many people as I can.